Monday, April 20, 2009

RemmuS

…I’m not going to get a real summer break…nor will I have significantly more time to read than I have right now. If I pretend like I get a summer break, and pretend like I have more time – maybe it will be so…

Because I’m going to have so much more time and such a great break this summer, I’m making a summer reading list (also because Dan inspired me). Some of these I have started and failed to finish.

Christ and Culture - H. Richard Niebuhr
Confessions – St. Augustine
Courage and Calling: Embracing Your God Given Potential - Gordon T. Smith
The Fellowship of the Ring – J.R.R. Tolkien
Good Omens – Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
How Movies Helped Save My Soul - Gareth Higgins and Tony Campolo
Poetics - Aristotle
Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austin
Reel Spirituality – Robert K. Johnston
Useless Beauty – Robert K. Johnston
Varieties of Religious Experience – William James



...note that Twilight didn't make the cut...sorry.

5 comments:

seg said...

don't apologize. LOTR takes precedence to twilight!!!

chelsea said...

as does pride & prejudice. ;)

Dan Waugh said...

it took me a good while to figure out what remmus had to do with you post...wow. i need more coffee.

Xpiotiva said...

yeah...just about anything takes precedence over twilight. (that said, i <3 edward.)

YOU'RE SO BOOKISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erica said...

when you're not reading, can we drive around in your subaru with the windows down blasting strawberry swing? yes? fantastic. dance party 09.