Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Aqua and Light Green

I was browsing around my google reader yesterday when I saw this aqua, light green and antique gold palette on The Perfect Palette. I couldn't stop looking at it because I loved the colors so much. I would have never picked aqua or light green for my wedding because I don't think it would have been a flattering color on my bridesmaids and I wouldn't have ever picked antique gold because in general I don't care for yellow gold jewelry (I like white gold and silver). Plus, is it jut me or are aqua and light green those colors that bad brides force their long suffering bridesmaids to wear in bad romantic comedies? I just feel like seafoam is the color you make your bridesmaids wear if you have no sympathy. Anyway, given the somewhat tenuous views of aqua and light green...I picked dark purple andgrey. But I still made this palette because I love looking at aqua and light green!

1 comment:

seg said...

Seafoam is probably my favorite color (or generally in that range --- probably a bit more blue, actually). However, I agree with you that it would be a very poor color to select for bridesmaids because it only works with a particular coloring.

That said, I think most of the time bridesmaid colors are never going to please everyone and make everyone look good. I love the color purple, but one of my best friends hates it so she'd not be too happy with me picking that. I think that's just what you sign up for being a bridesmaid: it's not about you :)

That said, it makes no sense to purposely make your bmaids look like crap.