I have decided to start posting about flowers every Friday. This isn't a novel idea, in fact I stole it right from A Creative Mint. Her pictures and flowers are so enticing that I wanted to start my own Friday Flowers. This week I want to celebrate the Freesia flower. Freesia was only ever on my radar because there is a scent by it's namesake at Bath & Body Works. After trying to find inexpensive July flowers for my wedding I stumbled across Freesia which fits into both categories and comes in white, yellow, pink, lavender, blue, red and they also come in bi-colors! What's more is that Freesia flowers are very fragrant. The Flower Expert says that Freesia has a light, soap-like floral scent which is why it is so popular for perfumes, scented oils, baths, and lotions. Freesia is said to symbolize friendship and innocence and is native to South Africa.
Picture 1: JLewis
Picture 2: Martha Stewart Weddings
Picture 3: Flowers Magzine
Picture 4: The Knot




No comments:
Post a Comment