Friday, April 1, 2011

Tilapia With Chickpea Ragu

One of my friends is traveling out of town tomorrow so I suggested that I cook her dinner while she packs. I made tilapia with chickpea ragu, salad, and for dessert we had strawberry angelfood cake with strawberry sauce and greek yogurt. It was wonderful! The chickpea ragu is really simple and could be served with so many different types of meat or fish.

Chickpea Ragu
1 tbs evoo
1 small onion, chopped
1 large carrot, diced
1 large zucchini, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs tomato paste
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
One 15.5oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup basil leaves, sliced into ribbons, plus more for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat the oil and cook the onions for about 3 minutes. Add the carrot, zucchini, and garlic. Cook and stir for about 4 minutes. Add the tomato paste, stirring to incorporate completely. Add the chicken broth and chickpeas and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add 1 cup of basil and cook, covered, until the liquid thickens slightly (8-10 minutes).

2 comments:

Xpiotiva said...

what is evoo???

no said...

extra virgin olive oil