My three favorite dresses at the Oscars this year were worn by Scarlett Johansson, Mila Kunis, and Cate Blanchett.
I don't usually like Scarlett's red carpet style but I loved this dress! Often I just feel like she's over-sexed and over-done but this dress is nicely modest and her hair isn't super stiff and super curled. Also, in general I just adore lace and bateau necklines so regardless of who wore this dress I was probably going to like it.
THIS DRESS IS MY FAVORITE! It looks so good with Mila's hair and eyes and makeup! I love the layers and different textures within the skirt. It has lace so of course I enjoy that.
Cate usually wears dresses that are unique and this one definitely is but she still looks amazing! Sometimes I think the stars just go for unique but what they end up picking is unflattering and imbalanced. Cate's dress is architectural, feminine, and modest. The architectural elements aren't overpowering the the washed out pink looks wonderful with her skin.
1 comment:
To be honest, Cate's dress made me think of slime mold: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SqhhJb_P3Kk/SZuFvwbPh-I/AAAAAAAAFHQ/cNMG2mkpmIk/s1600-h/1+-+slime+mold.jpg
Post a Comment