Monday, February 21, 2011

Healthy Pumpkin Muffins

[image from pinchmysalt.com]

Today, when I should have been studying for a test next week, I made healthy pumpkin muffins and they were delicious! I'm pretty interested in the blog where this recipe was posted. It is entitled Kitchen Stewardship: Balancing God's Gift One Baby Step at a Time. It is a blog goaled in helping readers steward God's gifts well, particularly money, earth, time, and health. The author has a lot of recourses on her site and I look forward to investigating them more. Here is the muffin recipe I tried today.

You just throw it all in one bowl, mix it up, and bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees.

3/4 cup honey
½ t. cinnamon
2 eggs
½ t. nutmeg
¼ t. baking powder
1 2/3 c. whole wheat flour
1 t. baking soda
½ c. melted butter or coconut oil
¾ t. salt
1/4 c. cold water
½ t. cloves
1 c. pumpkin (about half a 15 oz can)
1 Tbs molasses

No comments: