
YUM! I was not expecting this recipe to be so delicious. I changed a few things in this recipe because I don't like chunks of fruit in my sauces and I also don't like large chicken breasts - they gross me out. I don't know.
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbs red wine vinegar
2 tbs olive oil
8 chicken tenderloins
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
dash of ground ginger
2 large garlic cloves, minced
One 16oz bag of frozen peaches, puree before adding in to the recipe if you don't like chunks of fruit like me
In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar until the sugar is dissolved.
Heat both tbs of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
In the same pan, turn the heat down and add the ginger and garlic. Stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add the soy sauce mixture and peaches; turn heat up to high and cook for about 6 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan, reduce heat, cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and very tender.
Serve the chicken over rice and broccoli topped with the sauce. Garnish with toasted almond slices if desired. This recipe is a variation of Ellie Krieger's Savory Peach Chicken in So Easy, p.143.
No comments:
Post a Comment