Saturday, February 19, 2011

Vampires Suck


Oh my goodness, I was pleasantly surprised by Jason Freidburg and Aaron Seltzer's Vampires Suck (2010). As a B movie and a spoof-film, the acting was amazing! I've seen all of the Twighlight films and I felt that Jenna Proske (Becca Crane) did such an amazing and hysterical job of imitating Kristen Stewart (Bella Swan)! She had this haltered stammering speech, constantly pulling her hair behind her ear, avoiding eye contact, and biting her lip. Sometimes the jokes are taken too far, or there is unnecessary blood and gore, but altogether its a film worth watching if you love the Twighlight films (and/or hate them). The stupid or poorly done parts of the film are so worth the hysterical moments. Much of the content is in direct allusion to the conent in the first two Twilight films so if you haven't seen the originals...there's really no point in watching this film.

The girl who plays Iris Sullen in the film also does an UNCANNY impression of Alice Cullen. I wish I could tell you my favorite parts, but what makes this film so hysterical is that it takes what you expect and completely turns it around in ways that you can't predict.

No comments: